tHe lOVe oF mY LifE

tHe lOVe oF mY LifE
tHe lOVe oF mY LifE

Friday 24 October 2014

Doctors are HUMAN too...

Recently, i read an articles regarding doctor and the burden we are facing while serving our customers aka patient. You can read further by clicking the link provided.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/sideviews/article/what-ails-malaysian-healthcare-dr-john-teo

I think what he said are true..Me as a doctor experienced the same things. Even with my very short experienced working, 6 years (so far) but i have seen a lot of depressed, stressed, overworked doctors...
When i first start my job as a House Officer, i was full of energy, ready to work and enthusiastic to serve nation. I even sign a form to get pension (not EPF), because kononnya ready to work with government until the day i retire (or died).

But now, after just few years of working, i think most of my passion years ago, have diminished. If previously, i woke up from sleep and happy to start my day, now i have to drag my fat body to get up. I felt tired all the time. At work, i am counting my hours before i can go home and rest. It get worst if i know i am oncall on that day. The day before my call day, i am already stressed up. During my oncall time, i still try to be passionate with what i do.I'll try to give my very BEST to my patient, but the very next day, my post call day, I'll collapsed. I'll spend the whole day sleeping, even after that i still feel tired.

Lucky for me because in my department that I currently working, we got a day off after 24hours working. But what happened to other doctors in other department, who are still required to work@function normally after their 24hours oncall. That will be too much stressed to handle. Yes, they will cope after a while, but the tiredness that they felt is not something to ignore. Tired doctors cant give 100% of themselves to function. They will get burnt out after a while.

As a result of too tired with works, some of my friends had quit government and join private, some also had quit entirely and moved to other country, which may provide better welfare and satisfaction for the doctors. A lot more others have been thinking to quit@join private but just waiting for the right time to do that. As for me, I've been thinking to transfer to other hospital and department which doesn't need me to do active call. I'm still working on it. I hope I'll get it soon enough. I'm too tired of being tired and i need a 'fresh air'  to start with.

Hopefully things will get more and more better in the future for us healthcare staff.



1 comment:

sakinah (SMS) said...

InsyaAllah, Dr. Didi :-) i felt how tired u are..